Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Toad-ally cool!!!

The MC Fraternity Blog prides itself on the ability to cover an eclectic array of topics. We've seen everything from sports to mustaches to sleep advice. I got the idea for today's post from a conversation I overheard on the Brown Line CTA on my way to class this morning...
Girl 1: "He's just been sleeping a lot. I mean, he really doesn't do much else. Monte has been overall, pretty boring"
I assumed that the pair was talking about another human, but I was shocked when I heard the revealing news..
Man 1: "Well, Anne, you asked for a frog. Had you asked for a dog or cat, your life may be more entertaining. Frogs really just jump around and make silly noises and give you warts."
If I didn't hear the word frog, I may have been inclined to believe they were talking about a colleague, JMB.

So, BOOM, there it is. My topic for Tubular Tuesday. The desire to prove that frogs, although not coined as "man's best friend," can make a fun companion. The often overlooked amphibian has shaped our lives in more ways than one, even if we don't like to admit it. Without further ado, allow me to reintroduce the Frog.

Six Famous Frogs, in no particular order, that have touched us all, metaphorically speaking.
1. kermit the frog-longtime muppet show and sesame street character. all around great guy
2. the frog prince- loser fairy tail frog who turns into a mel gibson look-a-like when he gets kissed
3. slippy toad- character from Nintendo 64's Star Fox. he embodied a boss-like figure
4. frogger- dude plays himself, but he tends not to look both ways.
5. Michael J. Frog- soprano singer from looney tunes. bangerang's favorite.
6.Leap frog- that learning tool for idiots and foreigners

Shit, man, you can even cook with a frog.



Regardless of how perceive this post-offensive, funny, or sad-just realize that frogs are people too. They try their hardest, they used to watch TRL, and they, too, occasionally find themselves looking at too many Johnsons on Chatroulette.com

In the words of House of Pain, "Jump Around"

No comments:

Post a Comment